The best way to start a new year is to purge your life of all the bad things that have been bringing you down. With that in mind, Elite Daily has compiled a list of eight things you should ditch if you want to be happier and healthier in 2018:
- Your bathroom scale. At the end of the day, the best gauge of your health is how you feel.
- The hidden pack of cigarettes. Smoking is not good for you. It never has been, and it never will be.
- Your diet soda habit. Get yourself a nice water bottle, or invest in a SodaStream instead.
- Your s**t-talking habit. Whether you’re gossiping or you’re being super hard on your own self, that negativity is not allowed to follow you into the new year.
- All the vintage statement pieces you don’t wear. If you don’t feel comfortable wearing them now, you’re never going to.
- The book you know you aren’t going to read. If you have books lying around that only produce guilt or self-judgment, simply give them away.
- The canvas bags. “Practical” items, like canvas bags or water bottles or reusable coffee cups, really pile up over the years.
- Old makeup. Seriously, it’s not good for your skin.