Contest Name: WKKG’s Win The Wheels 2021
Radio Stations: WCSI / WKKG / WINN / WWWY
Station Address: 3212 Washington Street, Columbus, IN 47203
From time to time these radio stations, individually or collectively, will conduct contests. White River Broadcasting Company, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Findlay Publishing Company, its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1.Description of Contest/Participation
- Dates of Contest: 06/18/21 – 09/25/21.NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
- How to Enter: Listeners must enter at https://WKKG.com and click on the “Contests” menu, then select “Win the Wheels” on the contest page. Online entries will be the ONLY way to enter the contest. You can enter on your own device, or visit us at one of our special remote Win the Wheels remote broadcasts and enter there. Entries must be received by 11:59pm on 09/22/2021. Participants are limited to ONE entry, for the entire contest.
- How to Qualify: On-air personalities will draw one contestant (entry) at random on Thursdays between 6am and 6pm from 06/18/21 to 09/23/21. The contestant will have 10 minutes and fifteen seconds to call back at 812-376-1015 to qualify as a finalist at the Final remote broadcast on 09/25/21 at Bob Poynter Family of Dealerships, located in Seymour, Indiana. Added 7/20/21: The station may, at its discretion, draw at random and announce for call back additional contestants on days other than Thursday from 7/21/21 to 9/23/21.
- How to Win: The final broadcast will feature the giveaway of the 2021 Chevrolet Trax LT at Bob Poynter Family of Dealerships in Seymour. The remote broadcast event will occur on Saturday September 25, 2021 between 11am and 1pm. Finalists will need to be at Bob Poynter Family of Dealerships in Seymour and registered by providing proof of identification and sign a copy of the eligibility form in order to receive an award envelope. Check-in will begin at 10:00am and will end at 12:00 Noon the day of the broadcast. No one will be registered after 12:00 Noon and any qualified finalist not checked-in by 12:00 Noon is no longer eligible to win the contest. Only the actual finalists are eligible to receive an award envelope. No stand-ins will be allowed to take the place of the actual qualified finalists and eligibility cannot be transferred to another individual.
All qualified finalists who have successfully checked-in, as outlined in the first paragraph of section 1.e), will receive an envelope. Bob Poynter Family of Dealerships will supply the envelopes. Once check-in is closed, all the qualified valid registered finalists will draw one envelope. Finalists will draw from the available envelopes in the order they registered during registration from 10:00am to Noon on September 25, 2021. Once all the contestants have an envelope they will be asked one by one to open their envelope in hopes their envelope contains the note that says 2021 Chevrolet TRAX LT Winner! . The finalist that finds that note in their award envelope will be the winner of the 2021 Chevrolet TRAX LT from Bob Poynter Family of Dealerships in Seymour.
- Grand Prize: 2021 Chevrolet TRAX LT (valued at $22,410 MSRP).
- Second Prize: One Pair of tickets to the Eric Church “Gather Again Tour” at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana on 02/05/22. The one pair of tickets will be a random drawing prior to the Grand Prize giveaway. The random drawing will be from a raffle ticket provided at the finalist check-in. All Grand prize finalists will be eligible to win one pair of tickets. Value $150.
- No cash equivalent will be awarded. If the Grand Prize winner is disqualified, the company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18-years old as determined by the Company and reside in the State of Indiana. Employees and members of the immediate family of any such persons of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies and/or other media are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call-in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may, at its discretion, disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to affiliated parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes with the understanding any use will be in full compliance with all applicable laws.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants may be required to sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prizes which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner may be required to provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from Bob Poynter Family of Dealerships will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS. The Grand Prize Winner for the 2021 Chevrolet Trax LT will be responsible for all State, and Federal taxes, licenses, registration fees and insurance.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entry, or entrant, for not meeting community standards as defined by the Company. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Miscellaneous. Each winner may be required to submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
10. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the Internet, contests heard on the radio station’s Internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests heard on the broadcast station. Thus, all contests heard are delayed. This means that when the broadcast station announces the cue to call or text for a contest, listeners to the on-line audio stream will be at a greater disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on a conventional radio.
11. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.