The National Weather Service in Indianapolis has issued a flash flood warning for counties in our area including Bartholomew, Decatur, eastern Johnson, Rush and Shelby counties. .
Thunderstorms are producing heavy rain across the area. Up to two and a quarter inches of rain has already fallen in some areas, with more rain on the way on already saturated ground. In addition to the torrential rain, wind gusts of up to 50 mph are also happening. Flash flooding is expected to begin shortly.
The flash flood warning is in effect until 5:15 p.m. this afternoon.
An areal flood warning has also been issued for our area extending past the flash flood warning. That is for surface flooding due to the rain in area counties including Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson and Jennings counties and that warning is in effect until 7:30 p.m. tonight.
A river flood warning is also in effect until Sunday.
The Bartholomew County Emergency Management Agency is reporting high water across the following roads:
- 800N/500 E
- SR58 just south of Myers Grocery
- State Road 58 W of 400 W
- Base Rd/300 E
- State Road 46 W across from ABC Stewart WB lane
- 800S W of SR11
- Tannehill Rd at 330 W
- Wolfcreek Rd at 50 S
- County Road 300E W of US 31
- Area of 2501 S Whitehorse Rd
- 50N east of Clifty Creek School
- State Road 9 at the Shelby Co Line
- 25th/Marr RD
- Northbound lane of Central Ave north of Rocky Ford
- 200S Terrace Lake Rd
- 400N between River Rd and US 31 is closed
- 930S between 300W and 400W is closed