Bartholomew Consolidated Schools are continuing their efforts to educate the community on the upcoming school referendum.
The next information session is at 6 p.m. tonight at Columbus North High School.
We talked recently with school superintendent Dr. Jim Roberts and he explained the way the property tax increase would work, if approved by voters in the May primary election
Nearly 87 percent of the new revenue would go to add pay boosts for teachers and support staff, with the remaining 13 percent going to school security measures.
Roberts said the referendum would add 15.6 cents per $100 of assessed value to property tax rates in the school district.
School officials estimate that the proposal would add $7.79 cents a month to the property taxes of the average homeowner in the district.
You can get more information on the referendum by attending one of the information sessions, or by going to the school district website at bcsc.k12.in.us.
Upcoming information sessions are:
- Thursday, February 27, 6 p.m. at Rockcreek Elementary
- Tuesday, March 24, 6 p.m. at Mt. Healthy Elementary
- Tuesday, March 31, 6 p.m. at Central Middle School