More than a dozen homes in Columbus were impacted by a gas leak.
Capt. Mike Wilson, spokesman for the Columbus Fire Department, says that at about 2:20 p.m. on Monday, firefighters and Vectren Energy crews responded to a gas leak in the 3400 block of Marilyn Street after an REMC service crew struck a 2 inch gas line with an auger. As a precaution, traffic was restricted on both Marilyn Street and Carolina Street.
Authorities say no evacuation of homes took place. Repairs to the gas line are ongoing.